Compost & Mulch Facility
Hours and Location
1708 S. Armstrong Avenue
Weekday hours: Tuesday and Thursday - 8 am to 3 pm
Saturday hours: November thru March: 1st Saturday from 8 am to noon
April thru October: 1st two Saturdays from 8 am to noon
Compost is available for purchase while supplies last during normal operating hours at the compost facility. The City uses natural composting techniques by monitoring temperature and moisture content. With good conditions, natural composting can be completed in approximately 5 to 7 months. The material is screened before selling to the public to remove large items.
Compost by the Scoop:
- $20 per scoop plus tax
- One scoop equals approximately 2.5 cubic yards (enough to fill the bed of a regular size pick-up truck)
- $4 per bag plus tax
- One bag is approximately 40 to 50 pounds
- Please call ahead for bags to be ready for pick up. 479-575-8398
- Only Fayetteville residents are allowed to purchase the compost and must show proof of residency through their water bill. Please bring a copy of a recent water bill showing solid waste charges for proof of residency
- Residents will be limited to purchasing 1 scoop when the compost is available, to ensure everyone who wants compost is able to purchase some.
- No commercial customers or apartments are allowed to receive compost
Mulch (wood chips) is available throughout the year and is very beneficial as a weed blocker and increases soil moisture retention.
- $10 per per scoop plus tax
- scoop equals approximately 2.5 cubic yards
- Mulch may be purchased by both Fayetteville residents and non-residents
Dropping off Yard Waste
City of Fayetteville residents are able to drop yard waste at no charge during normal operating hours at the Compost and Mulch Facility. Please bring a copy of your most recent water bill showing Recycling and Trash charges for proof of residency.
The rates for commercial businesses and non-residents to drop yard waste only is as follows:
Compost by the Scoop:
- Compact pick-up trucks $5.00
- Full size pick-up trucks $8.00
- Trailers up to 14-feet long $10.00
- Trailers greater than 14 feet $15.00